THE SCENT STORY – PART 3
How to use Essential Oils Properly
So now we know what Aromatherapy Oils are, how we extract them and why we use them, but how can you harness their phenomenal powers correctly?
Here are a few great methods to really make the most of these oils:
What not to do!
In general Essential oils are very safe to use, but there are some precautions you should take so as not to harm your body with these exceedingly high concentrate oils.
- Always use a carrier oil!
- Essential Oils should never be used directly on the skin as they are very potent botanical extracts. The only exception to this is Lavender that can be used in small doses.
- Avoid contact with the eyes or any mucus membrane
- Do not use essential oils internally
- Use only pure essential oils, not synthetic counterfeits
- Keep out of reach of children
When you know the correct way to harness the healing and restorative powers of natural essential oils you really will see the lasting benefits. At TJK we have selected a range of bespoke blends to ensure you body is safe and reaping the benefits of the cold pressed essential oils.
If you are concerned about any of the blends we use at TJK or the effects essential oils may have on your body, please feel free to contact us or talk to your healthcare advisor.