The Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing
Why Dry Skin Brushing Is Great & How To Do It!
If you read our recent blog ‘5 Toxic Skincare Ingredients To Avoid’, then you may already be pretty clued up on how important the treatment and condition of our skin really is. Being the largest organ in our body, it’s no great surprise to learn that an estimated third of toxins are excreted through our skin and that being the case, Dry Skin Brushing has just entered in way up high on my beauty & wellness ‘to do’ list!
For those of you that haven’t heard of Dry Skin Brushing – you’ve come to the right place: today we are going to go over what it is, what is does and how to do it.
This simple, cheap and effective natural health practice is used widely, the world over for both it’s health and beauty benefits and it can easily be added into your daily routine as all it takes is 5 minutes of your time and a soft, natural bristle brush.
Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing
The Tabitha James Kraan Guide to Dry Skin Brushing
1. Treat yourself to a soft, natural bristle brush to get the job done. These can be purchased from many places online or at most natural health stores.
2. Dry skin brushing is a great thing to do first thing in the morning to get you ready for the day and to allow your body to work with this new found treatment, so give yourself an extra 5 minutes before your AM shower. Stand tall in your bathroom or bathtub/shower and proceed to the next step…
3. Using long, soft strokes ALWAYS towards your heart for best results, start right down at your feet, working your way up your legs, over your bum, hips and tum. Brush over each area several times, overlapping as you go to ensure that you cover every inch!
4. Move on up to your upper body and continue your dry skin brushing as before, brushing gently over each area several times, over-lapping and towards your heart.
5. Take care when brushing sensitive areas – this is not supposed to hurt, however slight reddening of the skin is normal. Never brush over broken, enflamed or sore skin, only brush if it is comfortable to do so.
6. Jump in the shower to rinse off any loosened skin cells.
7. Once you’re out, moisturize with your favourite lotion or make your own. Your skin will drink this up after brushing, so make sure to use organic, natural products to avoid replacing toxins you’re trying to get rid of!