Our Natural Products Are Good Enough To Eat!
Easy & Delicious Recipes Using Our Hair Product Ingredients
You know that old saying ‘good enough to eat’? Well guess what – our all natural products really are!
OK, so maybe tucking into our dry shampoo or organic hair cleanser wouldn’t be such a tasty treat (please, don’t try this at home!), but the natural goodies that we use to make them actually can be. Just to prove it, we’ve put together some pretty delicious, yet super healthy, recipes made with some of our key, natural hair product ingredients.
Give them a try, you will not be disappointed!
All natural ingredients:
- 2 organic, free-range eggs
- 220g tapioca flour
- 3 TBS unrefined coconut sugar
- 2 TSP baking powder
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 TSP salt
- 500ml milk
- 4 TBS unsalted butter, or coconut oil melted
- 1⁄2 TSP vanilla extract or a cm of vanilla pod
- 1 TSP finely grated orange & lemon zest
- 4 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- honey, for serving
- In a bowl, beat the eggs well. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda in a separate bowl and then fold into the whisked eggs.
- Stir in the milk, butter, vanilla and citrus zest.
- Heat a frying pan (ideally a cast iron one for nice, even heat) until nice and hot.
- Grease the frying pan with coconut oil or butter, depending on your preference. Pour a ¾ ladleful of the batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook on one side until bubbles form on top and the batter is set enough to flip. Using a spatula, turn the pancakes and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat this step until all the batter is used (or you’ve got enough pancakes!) re-greasing the frying pan each time. Take care not to let the pan over-heat as these pancakes burn easily. As a general rule, I tend to turn off the heat for a couple of minutes between each batch.
- Top the pancakes with orange sections and honey and serve warm. A scrumptious, all natural treat!
All natural ingredients:
- Dump oats into large bowl (gauge the amount by how much you want to make!)
- Mix melted coconut oil, water honey, vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt thoroughly.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oats and stir until completely coated.
- Preheat your oven to the lowest temperature and bake slowly until oats begin to brown (from 1-3 hours). Keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t over cook and keep stirring every so often.
- Once the granola has finished baking, allow to cool and then mix in your dried Acai & Goji berries. Feel free to add anything else you fancy – other all natural ingredients such as dried fruit, nuts, seeds and even chocolate are yummy!
- Store in sealed tight container and keep in the cupboard. Eat when you’re hungry, with greek yoghurt and fruit or just like a cereal with milk or juice.
Flourless Chocolate Rose Bites (sugar & wheat free!)
- 50g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 free range, organic eggs
- ¼ TBS coconut oil, melted
- 6 TBS honey
- 1 TBS rose water
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1TSP Xantham Gum
- Preheat oven to 170C and prep your muffin pan with 6 paper muffin cases
- Combine the all natural ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until smooth.
- Fill the cases two thirds full with mixture for the perfect size.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until you can pop a knife in and pull it out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Top with whipped cream & strawberries (optional)
- Scoff! (not-optional)
Share with your friends and let the healthy bake-off commence!