Natural Homemade Body Scrubs
We all want a healthy glow, and there are so many beauty products available designed to achieve just that – but you can’t beat naturally healthy, sun-kissed skin.
For a beautiful, even tan, and enviable skin tone and texture whatever the weather, the most important thing you can do is to prep your skin prior to catching those rays and exfoliate and hydrate regularly all year round. A good exfoliating body scrub is an absolute must for any bath beauty bag, but why fork out and risk unwanted, unnatural ingredients when you can make your own natural body scrub at home? It’s so easy! By doing it this way, you can know exactly what ingredients you’re putting onto your skin and tailor it to suit your needs. They make great gifts too!
No chemicals for us, thank you. We love these beautiful recipes by Stacey from ‘A Delightful Home’…DO try this at home!
Rose Petal Body Scrub
Designed for gentle exfoliation as well as deep moisturisation, and naturally fragranced with one of our favourite floral essential oils, Rose, which we also love in our Amber Rose Hair Cleanser.
3 tablespoons dried rose petals
1 teaspoon ground lavender
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup almond oil
1. Crush rose petals in a mortar and pestle or food processor. If using a food processor, be careful not to let the roses form a powder.
2. Place crushed rose petals and sugar in a bowl then add the ground lavender.
3. Add melted coconut oil and almond oil.
4. Stir to combine.
5. Package in a pretty jar and label.
Lavender and Vanilla Natural Body Scrub
Sounds divine, doesn’t it? Who doesn’t want to breathe in the calming aroma of lavender & vanilla? This soothing body scrub is the ideal, relaxing before-bed treat. Enjoy a little me time with this lovely recipe:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
4 tablespoons grapeseed or sweet almond oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
10-15 drops lavender essential oil
1. Pour sugar into a clean mixing bowl.
2. Add oils and stir to combine.
3. Add vanilla and essential oil then stir to distribute throughout.
4. Pour body scrub into a clean jar and label.
(Dried lavender buds optional)
Lemon-Lime Sugar Scrub
The perfect pick-me-up to use in your morning shower! The invigorating and refreshing citrus essential oils used in this zesty body scrub (some of which we also use in our 4-in-1 Golden Citrus Conditioner) revitalize and awaken the senses to get you raring to go for the day ahead. That, combined with a mega-hydrating base makes this the ONE for taking on holiday.
1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted over low heat.
2 cups sugar
20 drops lime essential oil
3-5 drops lemon essential oil
3 drops orange essential oil
3 drops bergamot essential oil
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
(May substitute Safflower, Jojoba or Avocado oil. Or make a mix of a few of these to add up to ½ cup)
- Mix all ingredients, except for olive oil, in a large bowl.
- Gradually add olive until you reach the desired consistency for your body scrub.
- Put in a pretty jar!
- Use body scrub on desired area and rinse off with water. (Is especially useful to aid in the sloughing of dead skin…back of arms, hands etc.)
- Enjoy the refreshing fragrance of lemon and lime.